2019 Tops Rochester St. Patrick's Day Parade Honorees Announced
Michael McCarthy, now retired, was the Director of Safety and Security for St. John Fisher College for 15 years. Previously, he served with the Rochester Police Department where he retired as a Police Investigator and during that time, Mike served thirteen years on the SWAT Team. Mike has instructed at the Monroe County Public Safety Training Academy and has also presented a variety of training programs to other area police and security organizations.
It's About Caring for Kids (IACKids) was created in 2012 for the charitable purpose of aiding middle-income families living in the Greater Rochester area who are in need of financial assistance during their child’s long-term hospitalization.
Neil, John and Anthony Butera, three brothers, as well as their cousin Nino Pilato, and their good friend Loreto Barbone started the organization to honor a dear friend’s son, who passed away from a rare blood disorder.
IACKids helps families who do not qualify for government assistance because they have jobs.
The Wild Geese
The Wild Geese got their start as a band playing back-up for another musician on St. Patrick’s Day in 1998 at Annie Murphy’s Fiddlers Green Pub in Charlotte, N.Y. The original band was a trio comprised of Eamonn McCormack on lead vocals, bodhran, and spoons, Stephen Trout on rhythm and lead guitar, and Jym Ellison on 6 and 12 string guitar and vocals. The band played for benefits and parties for local Irish dance schools and was the regularly scheduled band when Ms. Murphy moved her pub to a larger venue on Lake Avenue.
Jimmy Crowley (James Crowley Plumbing)
Jimmy Crowley is a lifelong Rochesterian and the third-generation leader of James Crowley Plumbing. Since 1928, the Crowley family has been providing quality plumbing services to the Rochester community. The business originated 90 years ago, when Jimmy's grandfather, an immigrant from County Cork, Ireland, started and operated James Crowley Plumbing from the family home. He later moved the operation to Thurston Road in 1944, where it remains today.